MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere gratitude to all who contributed and/or participated in helping UCSS Vancouver Branch carry out the many planned projects for Ukraine in 2013. Projects like these would not be possible without all the help from our volunteers, continued support and donations. With the numerous donations we received the following organizations were helped:
• Children’s TB Sanatoriun in Sadhora now has several new large commercial kitchen appliances including two refrigerators, a dishwasher, a vegetable cleaning machine and a dough kneading machine.
• In Chernivtsi, two Orphanages now have a computer, summer outfits, sleep wear, a supply of diapers as well as fruit, cookies and juice boxes.
• In Ternopil, a Seniors Home, a total of 10 new mattresses as well as a variety of clothing items.
• The village school in Uvysla, a gas stove, a computer, dinnerware, cutlery, cooking pots and English primary books for their library.
• A wheelchair to a 6 year old boy who’s legs are atrophied below the knees.
Without the commitment, hard work and many years of service from the founders of the UCSS Vancouver Branch, Walentyna “Valya” Kaspryk, Valentina Revutska, Stepan Petelycky as well as John Tymchak, our efforts today would not be possible.
Thank you all again for your time and efforts, if you have an interest in volunteering or are able to help out in any way, please contact 604-477-0171.
ALL THE BEST TO YOU, A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2014!